The smart desktop-class FiiO M17 Music player is an entirely new chapter of FiiO digital audio players. Its desktop-grade DAC, amplification, power supply, etc. give it the output power and sound quality to rival and perhaps even surpass highly-regarded desktop systems, but in a portable package. Let the M17 redefine what is possible with portable audio players!
FiiO M17 Portable Desktop-Class Music Player
Dual ES9038PRO | Dual FiiO M17 Portable Desktop-Class Music Player THX AAA-788+ | Dual power supplies | 2 volume control modes
Qualcomm QCC5124 | XMOS XUF208 | Supercapacitor | 5.99-inch incell display
5 audio output interfaces | Dual USB Type-C connectors | 9200mAh battery | RGB ambient light
Redefining portable expectations
The smart desktop-class M17 is an entirely new chapter of FiiO digital audio players. Its desktop-grade DAC, amplification, power supply, etc. give it the output power and sound quality to rival and perhaps even surpass highly-regarded desktop systems – but in a portable package. Let the M17 redefine what is possible with portable audio players.
Desktop-league DAC ES9038PRO
The left and right audio channels each contain a desktop-class, 8-channel ES9038PRO flagship DAC. This means that each audio channel has 8 parallel outputs summed together for superior resolution and minimal distortion for extremely pure audio reproduction.
Desktop-class THX 788+ headphone amp
Desktop-class amplification also plays an important role in the M17. FiiO and THX jointly developed the exclusive THX AAA-788+, an upgraded version of the original op-amp. Compared to the original, output power is increased by 225% up to 3000mW per channel with a lower output impedance – allowing it more effortlessly power all kinds of headphones.
Under battery power, there are 4 gain levels: low, medium, high, and headphone mode. When under DC mode, the enhanced over-ear headphone mode gain is unlocked, with a truly desktop level of amplification gain. In balanced output, gain can get as high as 16dB – allowing the M17 to easily drive most headphones.
Thanks to its larger size, the M17 features a variety of connectivity options allowing for many different convenient use cases:-
· 3.5mm output: headphone out/line out
· 6.3mm output: headphone out
· 2.5mm output: balanced headphone out
· 4.4mm output: balanced headphone out/balanced line out
· RCA coaxial port: coaxial input and output
· USB 3.0 port: supports USB Host and Device modes, can be used for high-speed data transfers and fast charging
· USB 2.0 port: supports USB Host mode, allowing external DACs or hard drive storage to be connected
Desktop-quality power supply
The M17 contains two power supplies – a battery power supply and a power supply powered by external DC power. The battery power supply allows you to use the M17 in situations where there is no access to a power outlet. Under DC power supply, voltage in the analog circuit is increased by 35% up to 11.5V compared to under battery power supply; and the battery is kept healthy since it is not used in this mode.
Desktop-tier heat dissipation
With exceptional audio quality comes with large power consumption, so effective heat dissipation was a large focus when designing the M17. Not only are "H" type heat dissipation and VC liquid cooling technologies adopted, the M17's 151g uni body aluminum alloy frame also effectively transfers heat out of the device. Finally, the cooling fan stand also further makes sure heat is rapidly transported away.
· High-end TI OPA2211 op-amp: A voltage noise as low as 1.1nV/√Hz @1KHz and THD+N of -136dB results in extremely clean amplification.
· 470mF DMF super capacitor: Equivalent to 10,000 47uF tantalum capacitors and with very low ESR of 45mΩ (only 15% of that of tantalum capacitors), providing a solid foundation for a large power supply.
· Ultra-low noise LT3045 LDO: An ultra-low noise, ultra-high PSRR low-dropout voltage linear regulator featuring Linear Technology's LDO architecture with an extremely low RMS noise of 0.8μVRMS in the 10Hz-100kHz frequency band for stable, clean power to the DAC chip.
· NDK femtosecond crystal oscillator: Provides a high-precision, low-jitter unified clock source for the entire audio circuit.
A true smartphone-like experience
· Qualcomm Snapdragon 660: Android 10 OS open to install 3rd party apps
· Flagship QCC5124 chip: Bluetooth 5.0 with support for apt X Adaptive
Bluetooth reception: SBC, AAC, apt X, apt X LL, apt X HD, apt X Adaptive, LDAC
· Bluetooth transmission: SBC, AAC, apt X, apt X HD, LDAC
· Extremely fast transfers: with USB 3.0 writing speeds can hit up to 100M/s, allowing file transfers to be complete within minutes or even seconds
· MQA 8X support: supports MQA 8x unfolding for master-level sound
Physical digital-analog separation for reduced interference
Within the M17 are 17 PCBs with immersion gold finish, with the analog and digital sections physically separated by being on two different boards to reduce interference between the two portions. 7 high-conductivity copper alloy shields also provide shielding to greatly reduce internal and external electromagnetic interference on analog audio signals within the M17.
Highly-optimized modular internal structure
The M17's design took 1.5 years to complete, going through 6 major design iterations with 12 rounds of internal structural design optimization. The result is a device that makes excellent use of its internal space. Within the M17 are carefully stacked analog and digital boards with thoughtful use of stainless-steel hexagons – which allowed FiiO to stuff nearly twice the surface area of PCBs compared to normal in such a limited space.
7th-gen mech design
The futuristic, seamless, CNC-finished aluminum uni body design evokes a sense of technological wonder. The mech-inspired sharp lines of the body, buttons, and atmospheric lights give the M17 a bold and charismatic aura.
*Next/previous track, play/pause, multi-function button, HOLD button, BAT/DC button, power button
Press or twist to enjoy
The volume can be adjusted either using an analog potentiometer knob or using buttons. Quickly and easily go through 120 levels of volume through either method.
Radiant RGB ambient light
The M17 features a seven-color RGB ambient light system with extensive customization options. Colors can be set to be either fixed, to follow the audio, or to follow a cycle. The brightness of the ambient light can be set to change depending on the current power, volume, or temperature. And finally, the top and side ambient lights can even be controlled separately, allowing you to dial in exactly how you want your dazzling lights to be.
Bigger screen for a brighter sheen
A larger screen allows you to more easily enjoy stunning visuals. Let your eyes feast upon an upgraded 5.99-inch, 1080*2160 FHD+ 18:9 high-definition incell display.
Immense 9200mAh battery
The massive 9200mAh battery allows for a battery life of up to 10 hours on the M17. It can be charged either through USB or through DC in from an external DC adapter.
Battery capacity: 9200mAh | Charging time: 4.5 hours | Charging protocols: QC4.0+PD
Battery life: 10.6 hours (single-ended), 8.6 hours (balanced)
With speakers: DC+LO+speakers
With computer: USB DAC+headphones
With desktop DAC: USB/coaxial output+DAC
With hard drive storage: DC+USB2.0+hard drive+headphones
With Bluetooth headphones: Bluetooth transmitter+Bluetooth headphones
A first-rate premium experience
· PET screen protector with oleophobic layer (pre-applied)
· Leather case· micro-SD card ejector pin
· USB 3.0 data and power cable
· Aluminum dust plug
FiiO M17 Specifications:-
- SoC: Qualcomm Snapdragon 660
- DAC: ES9038PRO*2
- Amplifier: THX AAA-788+
- Bluetooth: QCC5124
- USB receiver: XMOS XUF208
- Crystal oscillator: NDK femtosecond crystal oscillator*2
- Operation modes: Android /Pure Music/USB DAC/Bluetooth Receiving/AirPlay/Coaxial Decoding
- Dimensions: approx. 156.4*88.5*28mm
- Weight: 610g
- Display: 5.99-inch (1080*2160) incell touchscreen display
- Charging: Supports QC3.0, QC4.0, PD2.0, and PD3.0 quick charge
- Battery capacity: 9200mAh
- Battery life: approx. 10.6 hours (single-ended), 8.6 hours (balanced)
- Charging time: approx. 4.5h (with quick charge)
- Standby: >1000h
- Volume control: potentiometer knob or button controls
- Memory (RAM): 4GB
- Total storage/user available (ROM): 64GB/approx. 46GB
- Expansion storage: single micro-SD card slot, theoretical support up to 2TB; hard drive storage
- Gain: low/medium/high/over-ear headphone mode/enhanced over-ear headphone mode (when powered through DC-in)
- Channel balance: L20~R20 (0.5dB per level)
- Recommended headphone impedance: 16~150Ω (single-ended)/16~300Ω (balanced)